"Lady Di's residence!" Kensington Palace & Gardens Tip by Durfun
Kensington Palace & Gardens, London: 126 reviews and 266 photos
The western part of this massive park is Kensington Gardens, with The Palace located at it's western edge.
Just beyond the Palace, to it's east there's a nice Round Pond with geese, & fun to walk around.
Wander further east, bearing north, & see if you can hunt down sweet little Peter Pan. He is tucked away from prying eyes, with an elevated pedestal just for him :)
Also, there's Princess Diana Memorial fountain not far from Peter Pan: it's a tranquil & peace-inducing 'structure'. Kids love wading in the gently flowing shallow stream.
Several statues abound, all over the gardens. An important one is Albert Memorial, at the south central edge, not far from Knightsbridge station. Albert Hall is just opposite, off Kensington Gore.
Address: Kensington Gore
Directions: For Kensington Palace, best station is High Street Kensington, then South Kensington, Gloucester Road, or Knightsbridge.
Phone: +00 44 (0)844 482 7777
More Things to Do in London (48)
More Reviews (67)
- See All In the airport itself !
- See All Very Chic Chinese
- See All Funky Belgian beers anyone?
- See All Bicycle hire outside tube stations!
- See All Brick Lane & it's Market
- See All Have a week? Then see these...
- See All Ice-skating outside the Natural History...
- See All Ali-Pali Tower, Ice rink roof, Palace...
- For summer, bring your swimming briefs !
- Good quality warm clothes for winter !
- Shady 'southern' areas..
- Need correct change for buses
Durfun's Related Pages
Have you been to London?Share Your Travels