The Yellow Brick Bank Restaurant: "Lunch in an Old Town!" West Virginia Restaurant Tip by lmkluque

West Virginia Restaurants: 12 reviews and 12 photos

Another Lovely Small Town In W.V.
by lmkluque

On our way to Harper's Ferry we passed through Shepherdstown and stopped for a delicious lunch at this cute restaurant. It had been converted from an old bank.

It wasn't busy the day we stopped so I wasn't sure how good the food would be, but as it turned out, many people come from the D.C. area just to eat here. I was told that this was one of Nancy Reagan's favorite places to eat too.

The 1910 Beaux Arts-style "Yellow Brick Bank" in the historic district of town was quite interesting, especially the wine celler that had once been the bank's vault. I don't know if I could have toured it because I didn't have the nerve to ask.

We ate in the main dining room, it had a full service "minimalist" bar and some pretty interesting decor to look at, as well as nice windows to view the street activity in the center of this old town. I would have like better to eat in the more formal dining room I saw. It may be only open for dinner.

Favorite Dish: They are opened for lunch and dinner the restaurant specializes in seafood, pasta, regional cuisine and they do their own baking and serve excellent wines.

The menu changes daily so you'll have to decide when you get there. The bread was really good and I did enjoy my meal. I would go back again, given the chance.

Address: 201 West German Street, Shepherdstown
Price Comparison: about average
Phone: (304) 876-2208*
Price: US$11-20
Rating: 4
Theme: American

• Updated Oct 29, 2011

“Assume Good Intent”

Have you been to West Virginia?