Hotel Termag: "Jahorina Hotel Termag" Jahorina Hotel Tip by lovecow

Jahorina Hotels: 15 reviews and 17 photos

Taken out of my diary July 21st 2007...

My Son and I found ourselves in the middle of the Bosnian summer caught on a mountain. The mountain was blessed by the Olympic committee in the 1980īs to host the winter games. 20 Years later my fellow country men finished the first real 4 star hotel on this mountain. A beautiful hotel with all imaginable facilities - switched OFF.

I can brag about my extensive experience in traveling. I am born and brought up in Sweden. I have been more than 50 times to the United states of America. I have been to Asia at least 7 times. I travel across Europe at least 20 times a year. I have taken off from an airport runway more than 800 times. And I have stayed in more than 250 hotels, for more than 920 nights ( that is more than 2 and a half years ) in more than 50 countries and states. I HAVE DRIVEN MORE THAN 700,000 KILOMETERS IN A CAR ( average speed of 65 kilometers equals 450 days and nights of driving). I have just turned 35 Years.

I hereby declare Hotel Termag at Jahorina in Bosnia-Hercegovina as one of my favorite ?IT SUCKS? - hotel. And here comes the reasons:

It is not the first time I visit this hotel. It is the 5th.Though it is the first time during summer. The hotel has 4 stars. It has a swimming pool, saunas and jacuzzi in the basement. It has snow scooters in the garage, the apartments has fireplaces. The restaurant has all kinds of wines and the hotel is considered one of the most luxurious hotel in Bosnia-Hercegovina.

It is RIGHT now 04:44 am. I have been awake for the most of the night. 3 Bulgarian cities has declared state of emergency because of the recent heat-wave. In Mostar yesterday - 70 kilometers from here (by air) the temperature in the shade measured 39 degrees Celsius.

We checked in very late, Apr. 10:30 p.m.. I had put my son in bed after a fast room service that took only 45 minutes to deliver a POOR hamburger. I went to bed as the reception switched off internet at exact midnight ( made me think of school camp). I had already consumed the entire non alcoholic part of the mini-bar.
I woke up 2:48 am because of that the temperature measured 28.6 degrees Celsius in the room. I could not hear the air-condition work. I thought that I had forgotten to close the window properly - which in many modern hotels would turn off the air-condition. I also tried to re-enter the keycard in the ?power-saver? slot at the entrance of the room. And I turned the air-condition on/off button on and off about 40 times. After trying for 1 hour everything I finally gave up.
Opened the window to let the fresh mountain air in. No wind, barking dogs, singing serbs, another barking dog, Ceca, car-alarm, flushing toilets, more drunken serbs,mosquitos, birds, Joksimovic - F**k, all had gathered underneath my window this night. So I closed the window and decided to take a walk. Kid - thank God - was still sleeping.

I walked down through the reception as a half sleeping clerk stops me warning me that the wolfs in the area are more restless during summer time. I tell him that the air-condition didnīt work in the room and I needed air. He says ?No,no we turn off the system as it is a cooler temperature right now.? I think to myself : It is July 21st. How can this be a cooler period? We are in the middle of the god damn hottest summer of all times. The arctic ices are melting, people are dying in this heat-wave, I have sent my workers for a 3 day vacation because of the heat - and the droids that runs this hotel turns the air-condition system off.

Now I am way to tired to tell You in a long diplomatic philosophical economical way how wrong all this is so I simply say F**K HOTEL TERMAG & F**K THE BALKAN-WAY-OF-SEEING THINGS. GIVE ME MY ***ING 200 KM BACK THAT I WASTED ON THIS SNEEKY LITTLE HOTEL.

NO excuse to keep me awake. Will tell everybody how things are run in this great part of the world. anyone cared. You need a tank to get here. It is in one of Gods forgotten parts of the world. - Now I am hungry. Time to eat, Wonder what they have for breakfast. 05:35 a.m.

Price: US$80-120
Theme: Hotel

• Written Feb 19, 2009

This member has not been ranked.
No VT rank yet.

Have you been to Jahorina?