RAStAPAN: "Organic Fruit Pies to Die For" Top 5 Page for this destination Bogotá Restaurant Tip by mircaskirca

Bogotá Restaurants: 114 reviews and 142 photos

One afternoon I was sitting in the lounge room of Platypus drinking coffee and reading the travel magazine when a local guy came in the hostel. He was selling home made organic pies (chocolate and banana) and chocolate/carrot cake. I thought it would be a very good idea to have something with my coffee, and besides, I had a craving for something sweet. And something made with organic ingredients (cereals, fruits and vegetables) was even more than I could ask for. So I bought one chocolate and one banana pie. And, oh, both were so good!! I should buy more - but unfortunately the guy has gone :(

But the luck was on my side :) Two days later, on the day before I left Bogotá, I came across the guy's house, just a couple of blocks from Platypus. The little window was open and he was there selling his products. This time he also had fruit pies. I stayed with my classics, just could not resist that chocolate and banana pies. And I also bought chocolate/carrot cake.

No pictures of the pies - they were gone too quickly :))

Favorite Dish: chocolate and banana pies

Address: Carrera 3 No. 12-52
Price Comparison: less expensive than average
Directions: la Candelaria
Price: less than US$10
Rating: 4
Theme: Health Food

• Updated Jun 6, 2009

mircaskirca Visits Here Frequently!

Have you been to Bogotá?