Driftwood Motel: "Think twice before you stay here" Jensen Beach Hotel Tip by Hoosierustraveler

Jensen Beach Hotels: 1 reviews and 0 photos

We booked 2 nights, over a month ahead. She took mcard # to "hold" the room, which is normal. However, she ran the charge thru immediately!!! When I got my bill and called her about it, she said most people pay ahead!! but that she probably made a mistake & did I want her to refund it? Decided we would probably go so left it. Nothing was said about checkin times or that I needed to call her with when we would arrive. Got there about 3 p.m on the first night and office locked. Called the number on the door. She said she "hadn't eaten all day & had to go get something" & figured we were held up since we were "so late"! (there was a full kitchen in the office apartment I later learned.) When she arrived 20 min later, she said we could have checked in at 11 that morning!! Said "most people know this." I have never stayed in a motel where we were alowed to check in that early! Next day, we are sitting in room & door opens & man starts to walk in! Was her husband doing maintenance & he had the wrong room!

Unique Qualities: Place was clean & buildings looked freshly painted. Only basics supplied in kitchen area...no dish soap; no scouring pad. Sign up saying items had been "cleaned with normal washing supplies" but several items were dirty so I washed everything before we used it. There is a dock across the road where you can walk out & enjoy the water/view. Required notice on wall stating their "maximum" rate allowed to charge & that is what this owner is charging! Again, don't think I have ever stayed anywhere where that was the case.

Address: 4150 NE Indian River Drive
Price Comparison: more expensive than average
Price: US$80-120
Theme: Motel

• Written Feb 7, 2009

“Inexpensive U.S. travel”

Have you been to Jensen Beach?