"Ten Palms": "Gulfstream Race Course's Buffet" Top 5 Page for this destination Naples Restaurant Tip by deecat

Naples Restaurants: 54 reviews and 106 photos

LaVerne and Tim at Ten Palms

LaVerne and Tim at Ten Palms
      Dee and Allan at Ten Palms
    by deecat

We drove across the State of Florida to visit friends in Ft. Lauderdale and to go with them to Gulfstream Race Track. While we were there, we sat inside in an area/restaurant called Ten Palms. We had made a reservation via phone and were immediately seated beside the windows overlooking the race track.

One of the reasons we chose this area of the race track was because it had a buffet.

The buffet cost about $28.00 per person. Personally, I do not think that it was worth that.
One of the items that I had seen as I walked by was a delicious looking chicken breast that one of the chefs was carving. Within the hour, it was gone, and they had no more! What a disappointment.

They offered ham, beef, and pork, vegetables, salads, including fruit salad, breads, and desserts, including an soft ice cream machine where you made your own sundae or ice cream cones.

Favorite Dish: From all the choices, I enjoyed the salad bar [which I went back to a second time], the fresh fruit salad, the breads, and the ice cream. The rest of the desserts were mediocre.

Allan enjoyed the beef, the ham, shrimp, vegetables, and ice cream sundae.

At the table, we had big mix ups about the drinks, and the waitress had to have them redone three times. We did not blame her; it was the bar tender.

We did have fun, but I would not return to that particular spot at the race track.

Address: GHallendale Beach Blvd, 901 S. Fed Highway, Hollen
Price Comparison: more expensive than average
Phone: 954-455-6760
Price: US$21-30
Rating: 3
Theme: American

• Updated Feb 9, 2009

Comments

deecat

Have you been to Naples?