"Westminster Abbey in the evening!" Westminster Abbey Tip by Durfun
Westminster Abbey, London: 268 reviews and 472 photos
This historic building is certainly worth a visit.
Coronations, funeral ceremonies, burials, etc have taken place here.
William the Conqueror was crowned here on 25th December 1066, becoming King of England. This started off the tradition of all monarchs being coronated here.
Note the 4th photo. You can see Big Ben in the background (bottom, far left)
Address: Deans Yard, SW1
Directions: St James's Park tube, or Westminster Station - from where you walk westwards along Broad Sanctuary till you see this building on your left.
Phone: 0 20 7654 4900
More Things to Do in London (48)
More Reviews (67)
- See All In the airport itself !
- See All Very Chic Chinese
- See All Funky Belgian beers anyone?
- See All Bicycle hire outside tube stations!
- See All Brick Lane & it's Market
- See All Have a week? Then see these...
- See All Ice-skating outside the Natural History...
- See All Ali-Pali Tower, Ice rink roof, Palace...
- For summer, bring your swimming briefs !
- Good quality warm clothes for winter !
- Shady 'southern' areas..
- Need correct change for buses
Durfun's Related Pages
Have you been to London?Share Your Travels