"Sweet and sensual ssssberry" Baguio City Things to Do Tip by iclee

Baguio City Things to Do: 175 reviews and 348 photos

Local and imported fruits
by iclee

Whenever I crave for fresh strawberries, I usually "nag" my husband to trek to Baguio. It is a 5 1/2 hours drive, 45 minutes of which through snake like uphill roads.

I buy fresh cream or the obiquitous Milkmaid condensed milk (found in most supermarkets). Freshly picked strawberries dipped in cream or warmed condensed milk is my usual dessert whenever we hie up to Baguio.

There had been times when demand for these Kashoga variety berries are driven high by demand or foul weather so I just settle for whatever local in season fruit dipped in local honey. Yum!!!!!

From experience: PHP50-80/kilo is acceptable when its in season while PHP200+ per kilo is
highway robbery.

I usually buy about 5 kilos to bring back to Manila. I developed this habit of placing 1 kilo in the front passenger seat with me as we trek. I embed a single dark M&M inside a strawberry and munch away. By the time we reach Hacienda Luisita, Tarlac the 1 kilo is history. :D

Address: Available anywhere
Directions: By from Baguio market or trek to the famous Trinidad strawberry farm. If you fancy buying from peddlers then go ahead, just check for freshness.

• Written Feb 4, 2009

iclee Visits Here Frequently!

Have you been to Baguio City?