"Potbelly Sandwich Shop - Crystal City Underground" Top 5 Page for this destination Arlington Restaurant Tip by Ewingjr98

Arlington Restaurants: 46 reviews and 90 photos

After seeing Potbelly Sandwhiches throughout the DC area, I finally decided to give it a try. I Stopped in the Crystal City location for lunch one day when I had business in the area. The menu was rather small and uninspired with mostly simple sandwiches like roast beef, ham, meatball, and turkey (they also have a $4 PB&J!), with their only real specialty sandwich named the "Wreck". For a real treat you can try one of their skinny sandwiches; they come in turkey, ham, and mushroom, and have just 2/3 of the meat, cheese and bread for about 90 percent of the price... a great deal for them I must say. Mushrooms, cheese, and extra meat all cost $0.50 extra, while their soup of the day is $3 for a cup and $4.30 for a bowl. They also have a few simple sides like coleslaw, pickles, and macaroni salads, drinks, desserts, and breakfast sandwiches ($3).

The store had a long line, but within a minute or two I placed my order at the first station. After my sandwich was toasted, I followed it to station two for the veggies; then down to station three to pay. I had the Italian sandwich on wheat with lettuce, tomato, pickles, and onion ($4.50) and a bag of salt and vinegar chips ($1.50). The sandwich was small, I guess 6 or 8 inches, and nicely toasted. It was, however, kind of dry; I probably should have added cheese.

Overall, not as good as Subway, and not as many unique options as Quiznos or Cosi Cafe. Kind of unimpressive, though I like the idea of live entertainment at lunch time!

Potbelly Sandwich Shop was founded in 1977 in Chicago, and has expanded to about 200 locations, mostly in the Northeast and Mid West.

Open Monday through Friday 6:30am to 8pm (Breakfast served Monday through Friday 6:30am to 11am) and Saturday & Sunday 11am to 5pm

Address: 1615 Crystal Square Arcade Arlington, VA 22202
Price Comparison: less expensive than average
Directions: (Crystal Drive & 15th Street, underground
othercontact: Fax 703-415-3033
Phone: 703-415-0003
Price: less than US$10
Rating: 3
Theme: Deli
Website: http://www.potbelly.com/

• Updated Feb 4, 2009

“"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." ~ Ernest Hemingway”

Have you been to Arlington?