Tuxpan Hotel: "Tuxpan Resort Varadero Cuba Review" Cuba Hotel Tip by ChristieLynn

Cuba Hotels: 226 reviews and 278 photos

warning to take bug spray for the sand fleas as a couplepeople did get them* itchy mosquito bites really is what they are-

-go minimum 4 star in Cuba- the star standards there are MUCH lower than Canada, USA or Mexico* food to be expected not so great-I didn't mind it-as I'm used to the Cuban buffet all inclusive- 3 a la carte restaurants here- book them right away the first day or you can't get in! be sure to book the seafood one asap as it's on the beach! Tuxpan hotel itself was very nice-I would go again- beds are hard as rock-I expected that in Cuba anyway- hotel fairly clean- water not so hot for showering-

beach at this hotel gorgeous and clean- it's semi-private beach so not many cubans-

um... what else? I didn't do the trips- ran and suntanned & drank beer* Varadero- gorgeous clean beach where I was anyway-

felt very safe in Cuba- much more than Dominican or Mexico-

didn't really need to pay the upgrade too the all inclusive lounge at the airport for day of departure- I didn't know anybody who paid it- we were done with the booze anyway & felt it was just a cash grab*** lol* but yes to keep the $25 Pesos ready- for day of departure otherwise you can't get out off the country!- in room safes worked good* do not lose your passport down there or you'll have big time trouble getting home-

yes take down tshirts to give away to locals- and toothpaste n shampoos -they love that- bandaids and stuff for them too -Running shoes they really want- backpacs-medical supplies really important-

be careful if you're getting the cuban cigars that you're getting the real thing-

thought Sunwing travel was great-you get a glass of Champagne to kick off the flight & wine with your little flight meal*

yes I liked the hotel & lobby bar & pool bar- Nestor & William great servers at the 24 hour bar & sometimes they get rotated into main dining lounge- take them stuff for their families* any other questions about Tuxpan Varadero hotel or sunwing travel for 2009- that I just got back from- email me at christiemccarthy@rogers.com

I paid $875 taxes included for one person-and booked the day before I left- I would book a week or 2 ahead for the best deals next time-again I went to www.selloffvacations.com to find it- it was one of the trips rolling up the middle of the screen* package again was with Sunwing airlines- yes I'd book similar travel again*

Cheers! (:-

Unique Qualities: pool was great- do not order the steak at the El Rancho a-la carte- it was really tough- have the chicken at that restaurant- coffee in main restaurant really thick-but it worked*** (:- beach gorgeous & beach bar* pool great too I thought*

Address: Varadero Cuba
Price Comparison: about average
Directions: 30 mins from airport- 10 mins from Varadero
othercontact: christiemccarthy@rogers.com
Price: US$20-40
Theme: Hotel

• Written Feb 2, 2009

This member has not been ranked.
No VT rank yet.