"Guggemusik" Land Baden-Württemberg Favorite Tip by Kathrin_E
Land Baden-Württemberg General: 15 reviews and 22 photos
Favorite thing: Guggemusik originates in the Swiss carnival but becomes more and more popular in the South West of Germany, too. There are quite a number of these funny bands in the weirdest costumes in many parades.
Most bands consist of brass and drums. The rules how to play Guggemusik are easy:
1. The majority of the band plays the same song.
2. Start together and fisnish together. No one cares what happens in between.
3. Make as much noise as you can.
4. No worries. Whether you hit the right notes or not doesn't matter.
5. It's the listeners' problem whether or not they recognize the piece you're playing, not yours.
6. Have fun.
7. HAVE FUN!!!!
A good Guggemusik will torture the ears of any 'serious' musician... but it's just wonderful!!!
There are even Guggemusik festivals and competitions: The noisiest band wins!
Photo: Guggemusik band "Zarte Säu" ("Tender Sows") from Tiengen. If you want to hear the pirates, here is a video of them with sound. Turn up the volume!!!
More General in Land Baden-Württemberg (7)
More Reviews (40)
- See All Weil am Rhein: Burefasnet one week later
- See All GUILDS: Rottenburger Ahlande
Kathrin_E's Related Pages
Have you been to Land Baden-Württemberg?Share Your Travels