"LOVE FOR GREEN PARKS in Paris" People Watching Tip by jumpingnorman

The Greens of Versailles, Paris, 2004 visit

The Greens of Versailles, Paris, 2004 visit
      My tired feet in Paris, 2004 visit
    by jumpingnorman

I read in the National Geographic that the City of Paris and its citizens really believe that green patches/areas are essential for the emotional well-being of the people. I totally agree and this policy has added more beauty to this already eye-pleasing place.

My favorite is the Jardin du Luxembourg, where we were met by a very quick downpour which actually added more to our fun (we were running for shade with our 3-year old twins and fumbling with our umbrellas!) --- but during the summertime, this place is busy with people on the fountain sometimes with toy boats. The parks in Paris also have puppet shows for the kids - I think almost all of the major parks do.

Outside the Louvre, walk onto the Jardin des Tuileries and when I was walking there, I saw a group of school kids having fun in the gardens. It's just nice to breathe in the nice air, thanks to the plants.

There is a nice maze for kids at the Jardin des Enfants aux Halles, 105 rue Rambuteau. And a must for young children is the Jardin de'l Acclimatation Bois de Boulogne (Metro Line 1 to Les Sablons, exit at rue d'Orleans) which has an "enchanted river" with a nice blue Asian pavilion and ice cream stands. The place has pony rides, paddle boats and of course, the quintessential merry-go-round.

These are just some of the green places and just look at the map and you'll see all those other very nice green spots! Enjoy Paris!

• Written Jan 19, 2009

Comments

jumpingnorman

“Stay Hungry Stay Foolish TRAVEL MORE”

Have you been to Paris?