Traveler's Lounge: "Wanted: Nap Lounge in HK Intl airport" Hong Kong Hotel Tip by iclee

Hong Kong Hotels: 787 reviews and 896 photos

My bed for the night
by iclee
      My bed for the night
    by iclee
  • Wanted:  Nap Lounge in HK Intl airport - Hong Kong

Got stuck in a flight to Hong Kong that is close to midnight while my HKG - LAX flight leaves HKG at 8am the following morning via another carrier. Debating whether I check into HKG proper hotels or just take advantage of HKG's lounge inside the International airport.

Plaza Shower and Relaxation Lounge inside HK International airport (Chep Lak Kok) is a convenient but not cheap alternative to hotels say in the Tsim Sha Tsui area. HK$450 for Shower and nap for 3 hour.

I took the Lounge although hotels in the city are cheaper because if you include a round trip airport to hotel transfers, it will come out the same cost. Plus, I do not want to be bothered by traffic worries and snacks. The Lounge took care of that.

They were nice enough to lend me a travel adapter for my laptop while I charged it. Refreshments like apple juice, hot tea/coffee and danish were available early morning after I landed. The nice old lady who replenished the buffet area spoke little English but understood all my requirements. The area was large enough to have your own private space and not be bothered by the person beside you. Wifi connection was a cinch. I read that they provide massages in other packages but that's not the one I paid for.

After that, I checked into the Shower and Relaxation Lounge upstairs. It was easy to locate using the elevator near the Plaza Premier Lounge. They have a holding area for your large suitcases since you can only bring in cosmetic pouches type inside your sleeping quarter. The fee I paid allowed me to use the granite showers once but the reception attendant was nice enough to allow 2x for me. I showered b4 zzz and after waking up. They have lots of glossy mags to leaf through b4 you zzz. I was escorted to my quarters which included a table with a lamp on top, single bed with steel pole railing, a panic button, coat wall hanger, cotton beddings and curtains that separate me from the walkway. if someone snores big time in the quarters near you then you'll definitely hear it.

Recommend it if you fit my situation. Otherwise, I'll head over to Tsim Sha Tsui for more fun.

Unique Qualities: Location: Nearest your landing gate if you're nursing a longer than usual connecting time to your next flight but not long enough for a full stopover.

Buffet area of Lounge: Hot noodles, yogurt, fresh seasonal fruit, tea, coffee, cold fruit drinks, etc.

Large comfy leather sofas. Big enough for you to catch a catnap.

Reception area: Very helpful staff

Promos: Credit card partners

Glass paned panels give a great view of planes moving about.

Address: HKG International Airport (Chep Lak Kok)
Price Comparison: more expensive than average
Directions: 7F, West hall, Terminal 1
Phone: (852) 3150 8814
Price: US$40-80
Theme: Other

• Updated Apr 4, 2011

Have you been to Hong Kong?