"Munich day tours" Germany Things to Do Tip by klmousseau

Germany Things to Do: 1,233 reviews and 1,985 photos

I second the suggestion of Neuschwanstein Castle. If you fly into Munich for a couple of days, you can spend one day sightseeing in Munich and a day trip to the castle/fussen area. Then take an onward flight or train to a different city.
I spent 2 days in Munich and had a great time. I stayed at http://www.hotel-am-markt.eu/index.php, 1 block from old square and right in the Viktualienmarkt. Perfect location, very central and safe! I did 2 tours with Mike's Bike Tours - www.mikesbiketours.com. They were a lot of fun. I took the bike tour of Munich, which was a great way to see everything and meet other travelers. The next day I took the day tour with them to Neuschwanstein Castle - this was perfect! it was so much easier going with the tour, you don't have to worry about getting your own tickets or transport. The guide was very nice and accomodating. They take you up to Mary's Bridge for a fantastic view of the Castle, then a visit to the castle, a bike ride or a paraglide (I took the paraglide option - recommended).
I can't recommend anything else in Germany, as Munich was the only place I went to, but the Romantic road is nearby as well and you can visit the rest of Bavaria as day tours too I think.
Happy Travels!

• Written Jan 12, 2009

“Go Everywhere!”

Have you been to Germany?