"Train from Bar to Nis or Belgrade" Europe Transportation Tip by lodi2

Europe Transportation: 289 reviews and 281 photos

Venelin,

I see a slight problem with taking the train from Bar to Belgrade in that the train arrives in Belgrade at 6:13. The train from Belgrade to Istanbul leaves at 7:50, which means that we have very little time to buy our tickets and make it to the train on time, if the train from Bar is late.

From what I can see at this end is that the train from Bar to Nis may be the better option, since it arrives in Nis at 8:07, with the train from Nis to istanbul leaving at 12:40, providing more time if the train from Bar is late, which I'm hearing is normal.

If my assumption is correct, it is better to take the train from Bar to Nis, please let me know. Also, how can I purchase train tickets (sleeper) for the two trains, especially the train from Bar to Nis or Belgrade in the United States without paying a penalty fee for being out of country? If I am not able to purchase tickets in advance, will tickets and a sleeper be available in Bar on the day of departure? any suggestions?

Thanks for your help and knowledge on this leg of our trip, it is very much appreciated.

Thanks,

Lodi2

Mode: AROUND
Type: Train

• Written Jan 10, 2009

Comments

Ranked Member

Have you been to Europe?