"Hardly a 4 star hotel" Delta Pyramids Hotel Tip by topguyspb

Delta Pyramids Hotel, Cairo: 127 reviews and 3 photos

This hotel is rated as a 4-star one, but in reality it isn't. The only great thing about it is that it has an excellent view on the Pyramids of Giza and the rooms are quite big. All the rest is doubtfully good. I spent 11 nights there, and I can easliy spot the following:
1) Breakfast - ordinary, not much selection, and most of the food is not good.
2) Service - unhelpful. My room was not cleaned every day, the towels were not changed frequently enough, the carpeted floor was always dirty and dusty. Anyway the most INCREDIBLE thing was that my ipod player was stolen from my room while I was away in the city. It was very well hidden inside my clothes, which means that the cleaning boy was looking for valuables in the room. Of course I wrote a complaint and quarrelled with the personnel but nothing came out of it. And certainly I realize that it was my mistake to leave any valuable in a hotel in a country like Egypt.
3) If you have a room with a view on the Pyramids, then be prepared to listen to noises coming from the street 24 hours. My friend even bought earplugs to sleep better :)
4) If you plan to stay in this hotel for more than one night and go to the city later, be aware of constant traffic jams in this area. Sometimes it took me about an hour to get to the nearest metro station.
5) Room - on the plus side it was really big and had a view on the Pyramids. On the other hand it had very old furniture (from the 70s I guess), hot water was not always available, it was badly cleaned.
6) Swimming pool - located on the roof. Quite smalla and dirty. But maybe during hot months (I was there in January) it could be a good escape of the hottness.
7) Sport facilities - awful. Prehistoric gym (you have to pay for it!!!) and an ugly sauna (you have to pay as well)

Price Comparison: more expensive than average
Phone: 20 2 33833000
Price: US$40-80
Theme: Hotel
Website: http://www.deltacasablancahotel.org/site.html

• Written Jan 10, 2009

This member has not been ranked.
No VT rank yet.