"Travel Opptions from Phnom Penh to Siem Reap" Rent a Car Tip by dmerchent

Rent a Car, Phnom Penh: 4 reviews and 7 photos

The boats leave Sisowath Quay at 7:30 AM so an overnight stay in PP would be required. I've taken the boat and while the first hour was exciting the next five were painful, I wouldn't do it again. If you want a river experience wait till you are in Siem Reap and take a trip out to Kom Plong Phluk (sp)

You'll have to hire a taxi or van (for 3 with baggage probably 9-12 dollars) to take you to the bus you decide on, Mekong Express, Angkor Express or one of the others..all charge about 10.00 per person, not a bad ride at all and you get to see the wonderful countryside, I wouldn't miss it but it depends..you could have a smooth semi quiet 5 hour ride or Mr. Toad's Wild Ride from hell depending on the driver you get.

I live in Siem Reap, I take the bus all the time it works for me..but if I was on a few day trip and want to reserve my body resources for seeing one of the most amazing architectural sites of all time..I would arrange for a nice van to be waiting for me outside baggage for a comfy smooth trips to Siem Reap..if I set it up myself it would be about 60.00 for a van one way..I don't know what a travel service would charge..you can check the yellow pages... http://www.yellowpages-cambodia.com/ I'm not selling them but I know that Diethelm Travel is a reliable travel company in Phnom Penh. Wishing you a wonderful trip! Debra

Mode: TO
Type: Other

• Written Jan 8, 2009

Ranked Member

Have you been to Phnom Penh?