Best Western Senator Hotel: "One of Istanbul's comfortable hotels" Turkey Hotel Tip by Penelope4

Turkey Hotels: 350 reviews and 434 photos

I would recommend this hotel. There are round-the-clock room service/cleaning. If you don't want to be disturbed (because they knock at least twice a day to check if they can clean), ask for a Please Do Not Disturb sign from the reception. The bathroom and the room itself are big enough. The staffs are kind and attentive. Lobby is great. Food is fine. There's even a singer at the bar. The weather was not nice during my visit and I wanted to have tea in my room so I asked for a kettle and they provided the goods that go with it (I am sure I will pay extra but that's okay).

Unique Qualities: Allowed early check-in (my plane landed at 7:20 a.m.) and although I did not book directly with them, they agreed to arrange pick-up and it was very helpful because it was raining at the airport when I landed.

The hotel has its own health club (opens from 2 pm till 10 pm). It has a fitness room, Turkish bath, jacuzzi, sauna, massage room. There is an entrance fee but the hotel provides discounts to the guests. The hotel has a bar and a restaurant. Although there are no safes in the room, one can rent at the reception for 2 Euros a day. Last but not least, the hotel provides wireless internet connection.

Address: Gencturk Caddesi Sirvanizade Sokak No. 7/11, Sehzadebasi 34470 Istanbul
Price Comparison: about average
Phone: 90 212 528 1865
Price: US$80-120
Theme: Hotel

Review Helpfulness: 2 out of 5 stars

• Updated Dec 24, 2008

“Travels open our eyes, improve our senses, and change our perspectives - so travel and live!”

Have you been to Turkey?