Art'n Pizza Bar e Pizzaria: "Lovely Outdoor Patio" São Paulo Restaurant Tip by anacapa

São Paulo Restaurants: 2 reviews and 1 photos

Art & Pizza
by anacapa

It is easy to miss this place. Walking by on the sidewalk you only see a wall and the doorway. If you look up you'll see the makings of an outdoor terrace and become curious. I was, and is how I discovered this place.

The pizzas are named after internationally famous artists. The pizza tastes great though the topping combinations were a little strange for me. Cultural differences!! I opted for the Picasso and it was delish. This pizza does not top anything in San Francisco, a mecca for excellent pizza, but it's all right, priced well and served in a really nice setting. The restaurant isn't expensive but is very nicely situated. I recommend checking this place out!

The menu is in both Brazilian Portuguese and English. I only heard Portuguese in the restaurant. Needing a translator upon leaving is also how I met new Paulista friends! One gets a ticket upon entering. This is used by the waitress to fill out your order. Upon paying you get a tear off portion of the ticket. This looks very much like a receipt in the US. Except, that you are to take this to the guy at the entrance and give it to him to prove you've paid for your meal. I was walking out and he wanted my 'receipt'. I asked why and they pulled over a guy who spoke English to translate for me. He then invited me to join his friends at their table. I ended up returning to the restaurant with him! The whole table was super friendly and spoke English. We all ended up going to the bar "Sky" atop the Unique Hotel for a drink. What a stop!

Address: Rua da Consolaçao, 3.288
Price Comparison: about average
Directions: Open from 6pm - midnight.
Phone: 3061-2222 / 3083-3386
Price: US$11-20
Rating: 4
Theme: Italian

• Updated Apr 4, 2011

More Restaurants in São Paulo (1)

“traveling starts at home”

Have you been to São Paulo?