"Lovely hotel in Scuol" Engiadina Tip by sveron

part of the hotel room
      part of the bathroom
      castle near Scuol - light walking trip
    by sveron

One of the loveliest places I've ever been.
We went hiking to Switzerland (in the end of October)and I bought Lonely Planet guide, so it said that it was author's choice and I decided to give a try.
And it was excellent.
This hotel is little bit expensive, but it is worth it.
It is situated not far from the Scuol center (bus station) from where you could hike, there are many different routes.
Very clean. Rooms are big and warm and you feel there like at home. I also liked the bathroom - clean bath, shower cabin, window, clean towels.
There is also kettle, cups, tea, coffee in the room, so you could enjoy tea in the room in the evening.
Staff: girls were very helpful, we left something on the train station and they helped us to find it, did few calls and were very responsive.
Breakfast: tasty, many kinds of cheese, spice smoked meat, fruits, bread, juices, tea/coffee.
Restaurant: there is a restaurant, but it is closed on Sunday and Monday (we were there from Sunday evening till Wednesday morning), so we ate there only once. Food and service were delicious. There is discount for people that stay at this hotel (like business lunch).

If I come to visit Scuol again, I will definitely go there again.

Address: Rablüzza 152, Scuol 7550
Price Comparison: more expensive than average
Directions: Not far from the center - 5-10 min walk from bus station
Phone: +41 81 864 14 21
Price: US$120-180
Theme: Hotel
Website: http://www.hotel-engiadina.ch/

• Written Dec 22, 2008

sveron's Related Pages

This member has not been ranked.
No VT rank yet.