Angelina: "OMFG...the best Hot Chocolate" Angelina Tip by cjg1

Liz and her favorite Pastry; St. Honore

Liz and her favorite Pastry; St. Honore
      Unbelievable Hot Chocolate
  • OMFG...the best Hot Chocolate

Whenever my wife and I are in Paris we have to stop at Angelina. My wife first took me here a few years back when we were not yet married. I know this is known as a "tourist" spot and is considered dated but we love it. The hot chocolate here is a must especially the rich and delicious l?Africain served with a heaping of fresh whipped cream on the side. The pastry here is also excellent. I have enjoyed the éclair as well as their saori.

Our last visit here we arrived around 10am and wanted just a snack and some hot chocolate. The place was pretty empty save a few tables so we had a choice of seating. I let my wife choose and she decided on a nice table for two on the second level overlooking the main level. Despite the menu; we already knew what we wanted. We ordered some l"Africain hot chocolate, an éclair for me and a St. Honore pastry for my wife.

The hot chocolate arrives in a carafe along with a bowl of fresh whipped cream. As my wife poured the hot chocolate I start to salivate. The hot chocolate is rich, thick and creamy. Adding some whipped cream only creates a more silky texture. Upon first sip it is heaven; indescribably good. My éclair is always a good choice with light pastry shell and delicious chocolate cream filling. My wife loves their St. Honore pastry and swears they make it the best here. The best way to describe the St. Honore is flaky pastry topped with mini cream puffs covered in caramel and bourbon cream. I always steal a bite of hers but could never eat a whole one; it is too sweet for me.

To me this is a great place for a sweet tooth and a lover of hot chocolate. You won't be disappointed in what you get at Angelina.

*We enjoy buying their hot chocolate mxi to bring back home. It's not as good as having it here but it is quite nice.*

Favorite Dish: The l'Africain hot chocolate is to die for and a must try when in Paris.

Address: 226 Rue de Rivoli
Website: http://www.angelina-paris.fr/fr/

• Updated Jul 6, 2016

• Chinggis_n_Borte's Profile Photo
    Jun 6, 2016 at 5:12 AM

We love chocolate drinks esp when its hot ! It reminds me of a chocolate drink we had in Warsaw though it doesn't come cheap but with the taste it was fair enough to put a high price on it.

chi k

cjg1

“There is no such thing as once in a lifetime unless you didn't like it.”

Have you been to Paris?