"Visit the Yakushi Trinity at the Toji Temple" Top 5 Page for this destination Toji Temple Tip by joiwatani
Toji Temple, Kyoto: 26 reviews and 87 photos
Sorry that I can't show you pictures of the of the Yakushi Trinity and the 12 Sacred Generals because I was not allowed to take pictures inside the temple.
According to the belief of the Japanese, the statues of the Yakushi Trinity (Yakushi-nyoari and his two attendants, Nikko and Gakko Bosatsu) look filled with mercy and heal the sick in body and soul.
The statues of the "Twelve Sacred Generals placed under the "Mokakeza" (the seat of NYorai), are said to have been carve by Kosho, athe 21st generation sculptor of Buddhist images after Jocho, and are representative master pices of the Momoyama period.
Hours: 9:00 am ? 4:30 pm
Address: Kujuo-cho 1, Minami-Ku, Kyoto, Japan
Directions: It takes two short train trips to get to the Toji Temple. Catch the first train at the JR station and catch 205. And then catch the bus #205 going west towards the westside gate of the temple.
othercontact: Fax: (075) 662-0250
Phone: %s5%cr(075) 691-3325%c*
More Things to Do in Kyoto (57)
More Reviews (42)
- See All Request for extra glass of water
- See All Bring cash instead of credit cards
- See All Take the Kintetsu Train
- See All Buy coasters
- See All Look at the bald spot of the mountain in...
- See All Eat the artisan's breads and pastries
- Parents beware!!!
- See All Look at their display of food before you...
- See the night lanterns at the Matching...
- Warm jackets and good pair of walking...
- See All Inexpensive and close to the bus station
Been to Kyoto?Share your travels with the world!
joiwatani's Related Pages
Have you been to Kyoto?Share Your Travels