"National Archives Building - on the Mall" Top 5 Page for this destination Other Tours / Museums / Libraries Tip by Ewingjr98
Other Tours / Museums / Libraries, Washington D.C.: 47 reviews and 67 photos
National Archives: Though I feel like this should be included under things to do, I know only one or two people who have ever visited the National Archives. In the lobby you can view the Constitution, the Bill of Rights, and the Declaration of Independence. There is also a copy of Britain's 1297 Magna Carta, the Louisiana Purchase agreement, and Lincoln's Emancipation Proclamation. The National Archives Building is located between Seventh and Ninth Streets, NW, with entrances on Pennsylvania and Constitution Avenues. Admission is Free.
The National Archives Building is the headquarters of the National Archives and Records Administration and this building opened in 1935. NARA's second headquarters location is in Prince George's County, Maryland, near the University of Maryland in College Park. NARA has fourteen other regional facilities and ten Affiliated Archives across the US, as well as the National Personnel Records Center in St. Louis. Finally, NARA maintains twelve of the Presidential Libraries for each president from Herbert Hoover to Bill Clinton.
More Off The Beaten Path in Washington D.C. (41)
More Reviews (152)
- See All Firkin and Fox Pub - Dulles Airport
- See All Gordon Biersch - National Airport
- See All Take the Free US Capitol Building Tour
- See All The Ritz-Carlton, Washington, DC - West...
- See All Robert F. Kennedy Memorial Stadium (RFK...
- See All Future President Dwight D. Eisenhower...
- Vendors on the Mall
- See All Spring in DC: Smithsonian Kite Festival
- See All Crime in DC
- See All Driving DC's Highways
- See All Eastern Market -- June 2009 reopening!
Been to Washington D.C.?Share your travels with the world!
Ewingjr98's Related Pages
Have you been to Washington D.C.?Share Your Travels