"Casa Platypus" Top 5 Page for this destination Colombia Hotel Tip by MalenaN

Colombia Hotels: 101 reviews and 192 photos

by MalenaN

When I came to Bogotá in 2008 I hadn?t made a reservation, but went to Platypus where I had stayed the previous year. Platypus was full but luckily they put me in their new place Casa Platypus, which was a very nice place. It was not going to open up officially until the coming week so they were still working with adding more furniture and the computers while I was there.
Casa Platypus is situated at the edge of Candelaria district (the old historical area), in front of Parque de los Periodistas. The house has got an old colonial style and everything is newly renovated. There is a kitchen with free coffee and cold water to take from the outside of the fridge door. In the lounge there are several tables, and sofas in front of the TV.
My room was nice with a very comfortable bed with down covering and a bathroom. At the moment there was no TV in the room but they where going to add TVs to all the rooms. As Casa Platypus was not officially opened when I stayed there the price was reduced and I paid 40 000 pesos for a room (July 2008). According to their web page you now pay 60 000 pesos for a single and 75 000 pesos for a double (December 2008).

Address: Carrera 3 No 16 - 28
othercontact: info@casaplatypus.com
Phone: 1 - 281 1801
Theme: Hotel
Website: http://www.casaplatypus.com

• Written Dec 1, 2008

Comments

Have you been to Colombia?