"Embassy Row - DuPont Circle" Top 5 Page for this destination Embassy Row Tip by Ewingjr98
Embassy Row, Washington D.C.: 5 reviews and 17 photos
Embassy Row lies along Massachusetts Avenue, NW and its cross streets between Thomas Circle and Ward Circle, mostly between Scott Circle and Wisconsin Avenue. The short stretch between Scott Circle and Sheridan Circle through DuPont Circle was once known as Millionaires Row.
Washington DC hosts more than 170 foreign embassies, with about 60 on Massachusetts Avenue. New Hampshire Avenue is home to about 15 embassies, and International Drive NW hosts another 15 or so embassies. The rest of the embassies are spread throughout the city.
One of the most unique buildings on Embassy Row is the Islamic Center. It houses a mosque as well as educational facilities, and was built in the 1940s and 1950s with donations from all the Islamic countries of the world.
Another interesting spot on Embassy Row is the US Naval Observatory, home of the Vice President.
More Things to Do in Washington D.C. (30)
More Reviews (163)
- See All Firkin and Fox Pub - Dulles Airport
- See All Gordon Biersch - National Airport
- See All National Treasury Building
- See All Take the Free US Capitol Building Tour
- See All The Ritz-Carlton, Washington, DC - West...
- See All Robert F. Kennedy Memorial Stadium (RFK...
- Vendors on the Mall
- See All Spring in DC: Smithsonian Kite Festival
- See All Crime in DC
- See All Driving DC's Highways
- See All Eastern Market -- June 2009 reopening!
Been to Washington D.C.?Share your travels with the world!
Ewingjr98's Related Pages
Have you been to Washington D.C.?Share Your Travels