Ristorante II Pavone: "Gut wrenching experience" Alghero Restaurant Tip by tghatchling

Alghero Restaurants: 49 reviews and 76 photos

The location in Piazza Sulis is beautiful, the restaurant has a very nice atmosphere and nicely decorated. The prices are very high most of the dinners are 25 Euro or more. My husband ordered the sea bass for 33 Euro. The plate had a cassette size piece of fish covered in a mediocre spinach sauce of some type. He said it was "ok" but that is all he got for 33 euro. We have been to restaurants in France in palaces or castles where the meals range from 17-30 Euro. The food was amazing and it was presented as art. We do not mind spending money on excellent food, this was not.
My meal is where my biggest complaint comes from. I ordered the King Prawn, which came with mashed potatoes and a few slices of artichoke. They did attempt to dress the plate, I was not mistaken when I thought they were staring at me. When I touched the first one with my fork, a brown watery substance squirt from the body. (praying quietly that it was some type of savory sauce injected into the prawn) It was not, when I pulled the "meat" from the shell red and brown organs oozed out. I was still not convinced that they would really serve me raw prawn, so I took a small bite confirming that it was infact raw. I became nauseated.
It was not made right and the entire dinner cost was 80 Euro. AWESOME! I paid them to make me ill!!!

Favorite Dish: none

Address: Piazza Sulis, Alghero
Price Comparison: more expensive than average
Directions: within the historical area
Price: US$41 and up
Rating: 1
Theme: Local

• Written Dec 1, 2008

This member has not been ranked.
No VT rank yet.

Have you been to Alghero?