Freda’s Café: "A wonderful sandwich!" Top 5 Page for this destination Freda’s Café Tip by toonsarah

Freda’s Café, Cape May: 2 reviews and 2 photos

Chicken wrap
by toonsarah

We discovered Freda’s Café on our last day in Cape May, which is a bit of a shame, as I think if we’d tried it earlier we’d have come more than once. We came for lunch and were impressed by the quality of the food which was very fresh-tasting and delicious.

Favorite Dish: Chris had his favourite sandwich, a Reuben, while I chose one of the day’s specials, a yummy wrap with chicken, melted Brie, peaches, mixed greens and a cinnamon and ginger mayo – some of my favourite flavours (cheese, cinnamon, ginger) combined in an unusual but very successful sandwich. With a large bottle of sparkling water to wash it down our lunch came to $25.

The décor is a slightly chintzy café style but welcoming and with some nice photos on the wall. If the quality of the lunch is anything to go by, Freda’s would be worth a try for dinner too. The only downside is that you have to go outside and round the back if you need to use the toilet but when you get there it’s clean and fresh so it isn’t really a problem.

Address: 210 Ocean Street, Cape May, NJ 08204
Comparison: less expensive than average
Directions: Just south of junction with Washington Street Mall
Price: US$11-20
Rating: 4
Theme: American

• Written Nov 30, 2008

Comments

toonsarah

“I slept on the strange pillows of my wanderlust”

Have you been to Cape May?