"Nazca Lines Flights in busy season" Nazca Warnings Or Dangers Tip by bvpshenvalley

Nazca Warnings and Dangers: 7 reviews and 0 photos

Many times agencies in Nazca (as elsewhere in Peru) will lose your reservation. I had booked a tour in the middle of busy season for $65. When I arrived in Nazca, I was told that they lost my reservation and the price would be $80 or $85. We looked around for another agency, but we were quoted the same price. We soon learned that whatever price is quoted to you ahead of time, may not be the price of your flight. The best thing to do is to book your flight for the next day, very early on the previous day. Basically, the market price for flights is set for the day and all agencies charge the same price. Also, after you book your flight, they will give you a flight time. The day of your flight, your flight time will probably be pushed back until the afternoon even if you have a morning appointment. I heard rumors that the airport took people who got to the airport without booking a tour first because they knew that those who had booked a tour had already paid. We had a 9am-10am appt. and did not get on a plane until 1pm or 2pm. I felt that I was lucky. I met one girl on another day that waited two days to get on a flight because of "weather".

• Written Nov 29, 2008