"Catedral de Santiago (10/14): The Roofs" Top 5 Page for this destination Cathedral Tip by Redang
Cathedral, Santiago de Compostela: 54 reviews and 137 photos
It is possible to visit the roofs of the athedral since 2.004, and it is a great experience, believe me!
The roofs are made of granite and take the form of a series of steps.
- Main: The hisghest part of the main façade of the Cathedral from the back
- Second: Torre del Reloj (Clock Tower): Built at the end of the XVIIth century for defensive use
- Third: Torre de la Carraca (Rattle Tower): At Easter time, it was forbidden to ring the bells, so, they used this one to call for mass. It as built by Fernando de Casas
- Fourth: Torre de las Campanas (Bells Tower): Built by Peña de Toro in 1.668
- Fifth: Claustro (Cloister)
Excellent views of the city as well as the towers from much closer.
The visit includes, before the roofs, the Pazo of Xelmírez.
- Fax: (+34) 981 55 44 03
Address: Praza do Obradoiro
Directions: Facing the main façade of the Cathedral, on the left (it is, lest's say, the same buildig).
othercontact: E. mail: cubiertas@catedraldesan
Phone: (+34) 981 55 29 85
More Things to Do in Santiago de Compostela (33)
More Reviews (28)
- See All Colexio de San Clemente de Pasantes
- See All Gaiteros (Pipers)
- See All By Car: How Far/How Long...?
Redang's Related Pages
Have you been to Santiago de Compostela?Share Your Travels