"Learn Some History" Yelenovka Favorite Tip by hunterV
Yelenovka Favorites: 2 reviews and 18 photos
The Serb Hussars were invited to Russia to fight against the Turks in the Russian-Turkish war. They received the lands in this area in the middle of the 18th century for their merits.
They founded the village in 1753, but did not stay there till the end of the century and left for Serbia after it had been liberated from the Turkish yoke.
The Serb officer Bozhedar was the village founder.
He sold the land to Colonel Rayevsky later when the Serbs left for their homeland to build their country.
Fondest memory: - visiting the cathedral and ringing the bell at the belfry;
- attending the liturgy at the cathedral;
- taking part in the Feast Day of this church;
- hiking in the village park called konka;
- meeting the locals.
More Favorites in Yelenovka (1)
1 - 1 of 1
More Reviews (30)
- See All By the Pilgrims' Bus
- See All Pilgrims' Lunch
- See All People's Donations
- See All Neglected Old Houses
- See All The Famous Village Cathedral
- The Village Park