Trader's Den: "Most Expensive Unimpressive Food We've Ever Eaten!" Top 5 Page for this destination Churchill Restaurant Tip by Babzz

Churchill Restaurants: 7 reviews and 3 photos

We were told the restaurant serves up local fare, but the menu was really small. Arctic char, Churchill-style bannock, and sauce made from locally-picked mushrooms were the local items. I was disappointed that caribou wasn't on the menu (though it was available at the local diner!). I ordered the char, which I did not like at all. My friend who lives in Churchill and has frequently cooked and eaten Arctic char couldn't even finish hers! The pork in mushroom sauce came WAY overcooked (parts were charred) and Campbell's mushroom soup would have tasted better. We left quicky when the cooks burned something badly in the kitchen and the whole place was smokey, causing my eyes to burn.

Positives: waitress was nice; decor was nice. Certainly not worth almost $30/meal.

Favorite Dish: The bannock and wine were the highlights. Can't really give the restaurant credit for the wine though...

Address: 141 Kelsey Blvd, Churchill
Price Comparison: most expensive
Directions: On the main strip.
Phone: 204-675-2141
Price: US$31-40
Rating: 1
Theme: Local

• Written Nov 22, 2008

More Restaurants in Churchill (1)

Comments

Babzz

“~Live, Love, Laugh~”

Have you been to Churchill?