"Planigo Stole My Money" France Warnings Or Dangers Tip by Autumn9

France Warnings and Dangers: 123 reviews and 77 photos

In August this year I booked a hotel room in France with Planigo, who were offering a competitve rate for the hotel I wished to stay at. The final amount for the nights booked was stated and I entered my credit card details. After the transaction was completed I noticed an extra 7.68 Euro had been added to the total and debited against my credit card.

I wrote several emails to Planigo asking for the money to be refunded but none of their replies contained an apology or a satisfactory explanation for what they had done. Eventually Planigo said the extra amount was for breakfast at the hotel. As there were two of us staying for four nights, this seemed an unlikey explanation. It was a very good breakfast.

When I checked Planigo's website there was no mention of breakfast being included or being charged as an extra, which means Planigo sold me, according to them, an extra product for an undisclosed amount, or simply helped themselves to a bit more money from my credit card!

This is clearly an unacceptable practice and amounts to fraud and theft. It is a very small amount of money but it is my small amount of money, not theirs.

I am now taking legal action against Planigo and warning others against using this company. I strongly recommend others to check their invoices very carefully, not to overlook even small amounts of theft and not to use Planigo.

• Updated Nov 22, 2008

This member has not been ranked.
No VT rank yet.