The Bridge Hotel & Restaurant: "We didn't start the fire" Bonar Bridge Restaurant Tip by scottishvisitor

Bonar Bridge Restaurants: 2 reviews and 8 photos

Why the Bridge?

Why the Bridge?
      Flaming Steak
      The name on the carpet
      Cosy Corner
      Well named hotel
    by scottishvisitor

The Bridge Hotel Restaurant has a cosy comfortable feel with natural stone decoration. I did think the black carpet with the name emblazoned along its length and breadth was a tad too much but would ensure no one would want to steal this and it did give us a bit of a chuckle. We ate in the bar area but did investigate the lounge with its most comfortable sofas and solid wooden tables which reminded me of old fashioned shipping crates.

Favorite Dish: Kenny ordered the steak sizzler with baked potato and side salad. It was funny when the sizzle plate arrived as the waitress was more than a bit worried the heat rising from the steak would set of the smoke alarm, she kept flapping a tea towel at the sensor which had me in fits of giggles. I was glad I had chosen the cold chicken salad which didn't add to heat and smoke but all was well the alarm stayed quiet. We both ordered Cranachan for dessert, whenever I see this on a sweet menu I can never resist its fruity charms. Cranachan is always served in a glass of some sort a delectable dish layered with roasted oat meal topped with fresh raspberries then smothered with thick fresh cream, the dish is sweetened with heather honey and ours contained a dash of Talisker single malt whisky. A small shortbread round is served along with this but I didn't bother to count the calories because oatmeal is very healthy. Service here was with a warm friendly smile - producing great food with a local touch, we finished our meal sitting outside in the warm evening sunshine with a cup of coffee chatting to two other patrons who were on a fishing trip and wanted some rain - Ah well you can't have it all!

Address: Lairg Road
Price Comparison: less expensive than average
Directions: Well it would be across from the Bonar Bridge
Phone: 01863 766737
Price: US$21-30
Rating: 4
Theme: Local

• Updated Nov 25, 2008

More Restaurants in Bonar Bridge (1)

Comments

scottishvisitor

“Look for the simple things in life”

Have you been to Bonar Bridge?