"Kapoho Beach State Park A++ Kapoho, Big Island HI" Hawaii (Big Island) Things to Do Tip by syrin

Hawaii (Big Island) Things to Do: 375 reviews and 910 photos

Blue Waters At Kapoho Beach State Park Big Island

Blue Waters At Kapoho Beach State Park Big Island
      Lifeguard Tower At Kapoho State Park Big Island
      Swimming Area Kapoho Beach State Park Big Island
      Ocean At Kapoho Beach State Park Big Island
      Ocean At Kapoho Beach State Park Big Island
    by syrin

We went here and the waters were just breathtaking. So many shades of blue against the black rocks. When I looked into the ocean I felt so peaceful and no I am not kidding. It was absolutley beautiful. By far one of the best beaches although we never planned on going here but rather stumbled upon it when we were looking for something else. They have covered picnic areas which you probably have to rent, along with uncovered tables, an active lifeguard on duty. The swimming are is wonderful for kids or anyone who does not want to get swept away with the current. The swimming area has concrete around and rocks that way it is protected from the ocean and there is a small opening so water can come in. Kids can snorkle here without to much worry as you are fairly blocked from the oceans elements. It does say to beware of fish and other animals and that the park is in no way responsible if something happens and that fish may bite. It looked like to me as one of the safest places you could take your kids. This place was very packed however, and I mean tons of people. It was super hard to find a parking spot.

Address: 14-5134 Alapai Point Rd., Kapoho, HI 96778

• Updated Nov 20, 2008

Comments

syrin's Related Pages

syrin

“I am going to see the world before I die”

Have you been to Hawaii (Big Island)?