"Volcano Winery, Volcano Village Big Island, HI" Hawaii (Big Island) Things to Do Tip by syrin

Hawaii (Big Island) Things to Do: 375 reviews and 910 photos

Front Of The Wineary
by syrin

This was rather neat to see. Who would think that the Big Island acutally produces its own wines. Volcano wineary is rather small from what I could see however there wines were pretty good. They gave out free tasting which gave me a really good buzz. They have 6 diffrent kinds that are produced here. I personally liked the volcano blush and Symphony Mele. While you can not fully compare them the volcano blush is sort of like a zinfindel sort of. I am not sure how to compare the symphony. These are a littel more exotic and less stuff wines however they have one awards.

Liquor can not be put in a carry on, you have to store it in your luggage. They can wrap it so its safe. Another option is you can have them send it to you but you must purchase 3 bottles and shipping is around $40. Some states or counties can not be shipped to. I do not understand why but make sure to ask. Prices are around $16 per bottle. I think its worth it because its something unique.

Not only that you can only get them from Hawaii, no where else in the world do they carry these.

It closes around 5:30pm so it would be a good way to end the day or before you go to get a bite to eat.

They also have a souvenier shop along with wine accessories.

Address: 35 Pii Mauna Drive Volcano, HI 96785
Phone: (877) 967-7772 Toll Free
Website: http://www.volcanowinery.com/about.htm

• Updated Nov 20, 2008

Comments

syrin's Related Pages

syrin

“I am going to see the world before I die”

Have you been to Hawaii (Big Island)?