"Forbidden City - Palace Museum: It's Big!!" Forbidden City - The Palace Museum Tip by cafank
Forbidden City - The Palace Museum, Beijing: 475 reviews and 998 photos
Again I am not doing the tourist descriptions here - I am sure you know all about this place - and that it is now called the Palace Museum.
This is some other info you should know:
1. The place is huge - covering an area of 72 hectares - so you can do a LOT of walking - wear comfortable shoes. There are also lots of outdoor areas so you can't do a lot of hiding from the sun or rain especially going between pavillions - be prepared.
2. Food and drink stalls - the usual high prices in the courtyard outside and not many places inside to buy - take your own if possible.
3. Guides: A guide is helpful, there are many halls which still don't have great English translations. I didn't use a guide but asked locals to explain things to me.
4. Recorded guide: these are available for hire - at least this way you will get good descriptions but if you want to wander off the trail you may get confused.
5. Hidden Costs: Once inside you will still have to pay entry to some of the displays.
6. How Much Time? Up to you - three hours or all day ( I had 2 trips of about 3 hours each and there were still exhibits I didn't see)
Address: North of Tiananmen Square, Beijing City area
Directions: In the Center of Beijing
Phone: 010-85007422, 85007421
More Things to Do in Beijing (6)
cafank's Related Pages
Have you been to Beijing?Share Your Travels