"Summer Palace - Are you fit??" Summer Palace Tip by cafank
Summer Palace, Beijing: 310 reviews and 617 photos
Everyone knows about the Palace so I'm not going into intrinsic tourist value.
It's a great place to visit but be prepared for:
1. HUGE attendances on weekends and especially on holidays - you will queue and take a lot of time getting anywhere.
2. WALKING: Be prepared for a lot of walking - the sites are located over many acres so you can end up walking for miles - especially if (like me) you got sick of waiting for boats.
3. FOOD & DRINKS: - They cost more here, and there are lots of packet noodles, not much more for budget travellers; take your own.
4. TRANSPORT: If you are going by Taxi walk out of the main gate and head toward Beijing (you will know the direction) they are easier to find on the main road if none at the gate.
5. SUNSCREEN & RAINCOAT. OK You may not need both on the same day but if you end up with lots of walking it pays to be prepared.
Address: Northwest of Beijing
Directions: Bus Route: 801, 808, YT106, 716, 717, 817, 374,
New Gongmen Special Route, 375, 375, 332, 333, 330, 346, 394, 718, 905, 362, 362, 301, 303.
You can also get trains to Haidian district and it's a shortish taxi ride from the station
More Things to Do in Beijing (6)
cafank's Related Pages
Have you been to Beijing?Share Your Travels