"Mardi Gras Packing List" items to bring on Trip Tip by TravellerMel
items to bring on Trip, New Orleans: 14 reviews and 7 photos
Clothing/Shoes/Weather Gear: Definitely bring layers and a strong pair of walking shoes that you don't want anymore. Trust me - after tromping through the French Quarter, with the spilled beer, sick people, and sick PEE-ple, you won't want to pack them back in your luggage... Parkas are sold in the shops for about $3, in case you forget to pack one.
Toiletries and Medical Supplies: Bring some aspirin, to get you over the hangover, and some pain reliever, because after several nights of revelry and being on your feet, and reaching above your head for throws, you will be working muscles that aren't used to being worked!
Photo Equipment: DEFINITELY bring a camera - besides the beautiful floats and elaborate costumes, this is a freak show you will want to remember!
Miscellaneous: Mardi Gras can fall anywhere from February 3 to March 9, and even then I've worn everything from layers of sweaters under a parka holding an umbrella, to shorts and tank top on Mardi Gras Day.
More What to Pack in New Orleans (1)
More Reviews (71)
- See All Q&C Hotel - Big Easy Boutique Hotel
- See All The Court of Two Sisters - Best Jazz...
- See All Cemetery Tours
- See All Rev. Zombie's Voodoo Shoppe - Do You...
- See All Breakfast in New Orleans
- See All Take a Pedicab in the Quarter
- It Will Always Be the LOUISIANA...
- See All Christmas in New Orleans: Miracle on...
- See All Safety in Numbers When Touring the...
- See All The name says it all- you can rock while...
- See All Louisiana Renaissance Festival - Joust...
Been to New Orleans?Share your travels with the world!
TravellerMel's Related Pages
Have you been to New Orleans?Share Your Travels