Mundial Cocina Mestiza: "Pilsen-upscale Mexican cuisine" Top 5 Page for this destination Mundial Cocina Mestiza - Closed Tip by Dabs

Carne asada
      Carne asada
  • Sandwich - Chicago
      Sweet potato
    by Dabs

We stopped in Pilsen to have lunch one afternoon, I've never been to the most well known place, Nuevo Leon, but the line there was out the door and I remembered reading out Mundial Cocina Mestiza so we headed over to eat there. It wasn't busy at all for lunch, I suspect that it's more popular for dinner.

The interior is a bit nicer than most of the restaurants you'll find in Pilsen but still not fancy, as long as the food is good and the kitchen is clean, that's never an issue with me.

Favorite Dish: I had the carne asada which came very well prepared and came with nopales enpapelados (cactus strips baked in foil, tossed with chorizo, and pico de gallo), frijoles puercos, and salsa de molcajete. David had a sandwich but I can't remember what was on it. The menu does appear to change from time to time, you can have a look at the current menu on the website below. The cuisine here is higher end than most Pilsen restaurants and accordingly slightly more expensive. It's not strictly Mexican fare either, it has Mediterranean, Asian, and European influences.

Address: 1640 W 18th Street
Rating: 4
Theme: Mexican

• Updated Apr 4, 2011

Dabs Lives Here!

“Never put off til tomorrow what you can do today”

Have you been to Chicago?