Now the co-op: "Queue to the Musak" Top 5 Page for this destination Bristol Shopping Tip by TheLongTone

Bristol Shopping: 45 reviews and 55 photos

I have to admit I'm warming to the Gloucester Road branch of the co-op. I am under a moral obligation to buy some stuff here because the shop has both a front and a back exit and therefore provides a most useful shortcut through to the Gloucester Road, and I do feel that I should usually buy something as I pass through. Even lthough the queues vary from long to ludicrous (those for the tills at the front of the shop can stretch to the back of the shop, snaking alongside the queue for the till at the back, which stretches all the way to the front....)
But I do have to say that the staff are a cheery bunch. And they have a bin to shove your unwanted plastic bags into for recycling. And the canned music is most unusual: Talking Heads, Bob Dylan, Aretha Franklin, Massive Attack......have they been at my CD collection?

Really, all supermarkets are ghastly, but I can tolerate this one.

The photo? just thought it was an interesting paint job, just happens to be in the loading bay by the back entrance.

What to buy: Milk, the Guardian, some toilet paper. And actually they seem to sell better bananas than the nearby greengrocers.

Directions: On that nasty kink in the Gloucester Road.
Theme: Food and Drink

• Updated May 30, 2011

“If the viper is too heavy to carry, why use a python as a head-cushion?”

Have you been to Bristol?