Mathuridaiko Ouchi Japan Saga Prefecture: "Best Yakatori That We Found In Japan" Japan Restaurant Tip by syrin

Japan Restaurants: 260 reviews and 292 photos

Outside Of Restaurant
      Outside Of Restaurant
    by syrin
      The table at the restaurant
    by syrin
      My mother in law deciding which one to eat
    by syrin

This was such a great place. We ate yakatori which is made from several bite-sized pieces of chicken meat, or chicken offal, skewered on a bamboo skewer and barbecued, usually over charcoal. They also have bite size pieces of meat, veggies, squid, fried fish skin and various other types.

This was located in Ouchi an outskirt area of Karatsu City in the Saga prefecture so it might just be out of your way especially if you are taking the train. As for exzact location you will have to search for it based on the name in the picture.

Each skewer is $2-3 dollars and it does take quite some while like 40 minutes to get your first order but then again the reason why yakatori tastes so good is them cooking it for a long time.

It is considered rude in Japan to ask them to hurry up. This place can get really busy in a hurry. We went here to celebrate mothers day for my husbands mom. Four of us it only cost $90 and that was for a whole lot of meat and about 9 mugs of beer. The have traditional style seating and western style seating. There is only one bathroom so when its busy you might want to go while there is an opening especially if you are drinking like I was or you may be waiting a while.

Favorite Dish: Everthing with veggies, chicken or beef but no squid for me.

Address: Ouchi outskirts of Karatsu City Saga Prefecture
Price Comparison: less expensive than average
Directions: You need transportation to get here. In Ouchi which is the outskirts of Karatsu City in the Saga Prefecture. Well worth it.
Price: less than US$10
Rating: 5
Theme: Japanese/Sushi

• Updated Nov 14, 2008

syrin Visits Here Frequently!

“I am going to see the world before I die”

Have you been to Japan?