"Amazing Intimate Wedding Location" Arsenic and Old Lace Tip by InsideoutTraveler

Arsenic and Old Lace, Eureka Springs: 363 reviews and 2 photos

The House - beautiful location for a B&B!
by InsideoutTraveler
      The House - beautiful location for a B&B!
      The Patio Room - Has its own entrance
    by InsideoutTraveler

I first experienced the Arsenic & Old Lace Bed and Breakfast for a tiny wedding I attended two months ago. A friend of mine was finally getting married to a long-time boyfriend, and although they did not want to have a big celebration (and couldn't afford it!) they did want some kind of special ceremony.
Arsenic & Old Lace ended up being perfect for them! I don't know how she found this place, but it was an amazing trip and a great ceremony!
The whole thing was in the garden, really beautiful, and they got a two-night stay in the B&B as part of the wedding package, so her family and his family and me all stayed in other rooms at the B&B to help, and play and get ready for the big day! (Well, not that big!)
So, the room I had was out of this world: I had my own walled patio and seperate entrance, and also a huge whirlpool tub! And the room was only like $125! Since I shared it with the other bidesmaid, it was like nothing! Plus, the next morning at breakfast, pretty much the whole wedding party had filled up the place, so the innkeepers were giving us all this great breakfast and it was like we were already having the party!
I think Arsenic is a great place (although funny name!) to have a small wedding. If you want to keep it intimate, but still kinda special and maybe a little fancy, this is the right kind of venue. Plus, the bride told me it was less than $1000 and included dinner vouchers and massages and those nights in the B&B; pretty cool, if you ask me!

Unique Qualities: I think what made this special was the intimate nature of the B&B. All the family and friends were renting nearly every room in the B&GB, so we were all having breakfast together, and wandering around the area together. It was nice. And the innkeepers were great! They really organized the whole thing for my girlfriend and so she got to spend the whole day before just getting beautiful.

Address: 60 Hillside Ave, Eureka Springs, AR 72632
Theme: Bed and Breakfast
Website: http://www.eurekaspringsromancebb.com

• Written Nov 11, 2008

Ranked Member

Have you been to Eureka Springs?