"Visit the Heian Shrine" Top 5 Page for this destination Heian Shrine Tip by joiwatani
Heian Shrine, Kyoto: 30 reviews and 66 photos
On our first day in Kyoto, my sisters and I decided to explore the templel that is very close to the main bus stop. First stop? It was the Heian Shrine. We just followed the flow of people going to the shrine. You can't really missed it. This structure was built in 1895 on the occasion of the 1,100th anniversary of the Heian Capital foundation. It is known to be built in dedication to the last Kyoto emperors: Emperor Kammu and Emperor Komei.
The shrine has an inner court where there are more structures to see.
The admission to the temple is free.
We visited the temple in the fall (November 2007) and I heard that the shrine is really beautiful in spring time because of the cherry blossoms. The shrine has a garden with weeping cherry blossoms!
Address: Kyoto, Japan
Phone: +81 75-761-0221
More Things to Do in Kyoto (57)
More Reviews (42)
- See All Request for extra glass of water
- See All Bring cash instead of credit cards
- See All Take the Kintetsu Train
- See All Buy coasters
- See All Look at the bald spot of the mountain in...
- See All Eat the artisan's breads and pastries
- Parents beware!!!
- See All Look at their display of food before you...
- See the night lanterns at the Matching...
- Warm jackets and good pair of walking...
- See All Inexpensive and close to the bus station
Been to Kyoto?Share your travels with the world!
joiwatani's Related Pages
Have you been to Kyoto?Share Your Travels