"Another piece of beautiful..." Budapest Favorite Tip by Pegasus74

Budapest General: 519 reviews and 835 photos

Favorite thing: <font face=verdana>Another piece of beautiful architecture is the <font color='008FFF'>State Opera House</font>. It is gorgeous and could be rival to that in Paris and Vienna. Again it's the exquisite interior and exterior features that makes it so appealing.

Most musems are closed on Monday so I only had time for four during the weekend. The last one which I entered is the <font color='008FFF'>Hungarian National Museum</font>. It houses an amazingly great collection of art and artifacts, including historical documents and photographs which vividly depict the events from Hungary's turbulent past. I was more interested in the 20th century exhibits, especially that of the 1956 Revolution and the events of 1989, which signalled the end of Communism in Eastern Europe. Of the many pictures which kept my eyes starring at, the one of the destroyed Chain Bridge attracted them most. The exhibit on decorative pipes is another of my favorite section. Other museums in Pest include the <font color='008FFF'>Museum of Fine Arts</font> and <font color='008FFF'>Museum of Applied Arts</font>. So much to see but so little time I had, I was hoping the next day wasn't Monday.

• Written Aug 25, 2002

“Master the guts, try the untry”

Have you been to Budapest?