Villa Palmyra: "Not the best place to spend the night" Palmyra Hotel Tip by ANorcaltraveler

Palmyra Hotels: 25 reviews and 18 photos

The Villa Palmyra is a perfectly adequate property, conveniently located on Palmyra's main street. The rooftop restaurant has panoramic views of the ruins, and the breakfast service is good.

Because I had never received an email response to my Internet inquiries, I finally reserved a room at this hotel through an online booking service (several months in advance). However, when I phoned a few days, prior to my arrival (to confirm my reservation), the owner/manager told me he had no record of my reservation. Fortunately, he still had a single room, available. I still have not established if this error was the fault of the hotel or of the booking service.

Hotel complaints:

The rooms are rather small, and those on the street side have only single pane glass, which does little to reduce the street noise in the evening hours. I found it difficult to sleep, even using earplugs.

The hotel advertises they accept credit cards, however when I had visited, I was told the credit card machine was not operating. I was forced to pay in cash.

Out of frustration (with the nightly noise problem), I departed one day earlier, than planned.

I paid $50US, for a single room, in October, 2008.

Price Comparison: about average
Price: US$40-80
Theme: Hotel

• Written Nov 2, 2008

Ranked Member

Have you been to Palmyra?