"DuPont Circle Neighborhood, Washington, DC" Top 5 Page for this destination DUPONT CIRCLE / EMBASSY ROW Tip by Ewingjr98
DUPONT CIRCLE / EMBASSY ROW, Washington D.C.: 7 reviews and 13 photos
Favorite thing: DuPont Circle is a lively cosmopolitan neighborhood that is home to the city's Embassy Row. This area boasts numerous museums, restaurants, and art galleries. DuPont Circle was one of the nation's early gay neighborhoods along with the Castro in San Francisco and the Village in New York, but now the area is more gentrified and the entertainment mainstream.
I have been to a few bars and clubs in the area, but many are just too trendy for my taste. I prefer the much more laid-back atmosphere at nearby Adams Morgan.
Maybe the worst thing about DuPont Circle is trying to drive through the circle. Five cross streets meet here, meaning ten different entrances and exists in the circle. And pedestrians have the right-of-way, meaning you could sit just about forever.
More General in Washington D.C. (27)
More Reviews (218)
- See All Firkin and Fox Pub - Dulles Airport
- See All East River Neighborhoods
- See All Gordon Biersch - National Airport
- See All National Treasury Building
- See All The Ritz-Carlton, Washington, DC - West...
- See All Metro? Walking? Buses? Driving?
- See All Robert F. Kennedy Memorial Stadium (RFK...
- Vendors on the Mall
- See All Spring in DC: Smithsonian Kite Festival
- See All The Shops at Georgetown Park
- See All Crime in DC
Been to Washington D.C.?Share your travels with the world!
Ewingjr98's Related Pages
Have you been to Washington D.C.?Share Your Travels