"United States Supreme Court building" Top 5 Page for this destination Supreme Court Tip by Ewingjr98
Supreme Court, Washington D.C.: 40 reviews and 96 photos
The Supreme Court did not get a permanent home in Washington DC until 1935. It had been housed in the New York Merchant's Exchange Building, Philadelphia's Independence Hall, the basement of the Capitol building, the Old Supreme Court Chamber in the Capitol, and the Old Senate Chamber upstairs in the Capitol.
The Supreme Court building faces the Capitol and is home to the offices of the nine US Supreme Court Justices, as well as the court itself. The facade says "Equal Justice Under Law"In front of the building are two small reflecting pools, sculptures of "Contemplation of Justice" and "Authority of Law" and two flagpoles.
Address: 1 First Street NE
Directions: East of the Capitol on 1st Street NE, between East Capitol Street and Maryland Ave.
Phone: (202) 479-3000
More Things to Do in Washington D.C. (64)
More Reviews (181)
- See All Firkin and Fox Pub - Dulles Airport
- See All Gordon Biersch - National Airport
- See All National Treasury Building
- See All Take the Free US Capitol Building Tour
- See All The Ritz-Carlton, Washington, DC - West...
- See All Metro? Walking? Buses? Driving?
- See All Robert F. Kennedy Memorial Stadium (RFK...
- Vendors on the Mall
- See All Spring in DC: Smithsonian Kite Festival
- See All The Shops at Georgetown Park
- See All Crime in DC
Been to Washington D.C.?Share your travels with the world!
Ewingjr98's Related Pages
Have you been to Washington D.C.?Share Your Travels