"Visit the Sansumo National Art Museum" Top 5 Page for this destination Kyoto National Museum Tip by joiwatani
Kyoto National Museum, Kyoto: 15 reviews and 62 photos
The Sansumo Art National Art Museum houses the most valuable arts of Japan - from art wall paintings, decorations, shojis, etc. If you are an art lover, you should go to this place. Otherwise, you will feel that you are ripped off of your entrance fee!
I am not particularly interested in writings on the walls or Japanese cloths/silks painted thousands of years ago so it was kind of boring for me to go to this place. The temple was cold in the Fall time, so you might like to get a jacket or something. Also, the line to buy tickets is very long. It took us about half an hour to be in the line! It was freezing cold outside and it was our first trip of the day so I wasn't that excited at all. There were also many tourists that day that we went inside the museu that we cant really appreciate what was on the wall.
Anyway, it was just me. Everybody has their own different experiences. But, I won't advise tourists to go to the Sansumo National Art Museum on their first visit of Kyoto!
Address: Kyoto, Japan
Phone: 075 541 1151
More Things to Do in Kyoto (57)
More Reviews (42)
- See All Request for extra glass of water
- See All Bring cash instead of credit cards
- See All Take the Kintetsu Train
- See All Buy coasters
- See All Look at the bald spot of the mountain in...
- See All Eat the artisan's breads and pastries
- Parents beware!!!
- See All Look at their display of food before you...
- See the night lanterns at the Matching...
- Warm jackets and good pair of walking...
- See All Inexpensive and close to the bus station
Been to Kyoto?Share your travels with the world!
joiwatani's Related Pages
Have you been to Kyoto?Share Your Travels