"Visit the Sansumo National Art Museum" Top 5 Page for this destination Kyoto National Museum Tip by joiwatani

Kyoto National Museum, Kyoto: 15 reviews and 62 photos

The Sansumo Musuem

The Sansumo Musuem
      Posing at the front of Sansumo Museum
    by joiwatani
      Posing with the "Thinking Man"
      the grounds at the Sansumo Museum of Art
      The bonsai tree
    by joiwatani

The Sansumo Art National Art Museum houses the most valuable arts of Japan - from art wall paintings, decorations, shojis, etc. If you are an art lover, you should go to this place. Otherwise, you will feel that you are ripped off of your entrance fee!

I am not particularly interested in writings on the walls or Japanese cloths/silks painted thousands of years ago so it was kind of boring for me to go to this place. The temple was cold in the Fall time, so you might like to get a jacket or something. Also, the line to buy tickets is very long. It took us about half an hour to be in the line! It was freezing cold outside and it was our first trip of the day so I wasn't that excited at all. There were also many tourists that day that we went inside the museu that we cant really appreciate what was on the wall.

Anyway, it was just me. Everybody has their own different experiences. But, I won't advise tourists to go to the Sansumo National Art Museum on their first visit of Kyoto!

Address: Kyoto, Japan
Phone: +81 75-541-1151
Website: http://www.kyohaku.go.jp/jp/index.html

• Written Nov 1, 2008

Comments

joiwatani

“Buy yourself and your children the experience of travel”

Have you been to Kyoto?