"Northern Utah's Farm Country" Utah Things to Do Tip by Ewingjr98

Utah Things to Do: 328 reviews and 607 photos

The northern Utah farmland is some of the most beautiful land in the state. Here you will find large and small farms, most seem to have horses. During our drive the valleys were still a greenish brown, but the slopes of the mountains were white, and the mountain tops were covered in clouds.

About 22 percent of the state is currently farmed, up significantly from just 18 percent in 1992. OF the total amount of farmland about 3/4 is pasture for grazing animals, and the rest is crop land. Around 40 percent of the cropland in use must be irrigated to produce desired products. While the average farm size is about 738 acres, two thirds of all farms are under 100 acres. Dairy is the number one product in Utah, followed by cattle, then hogs. Utah is the nation's seventh leading producer of animal skins and hides. All of the top five agricultural producing counties in Utah are in the north and west of the state, including Utah and Cache Counties which I drove through on my last journey.

Was this review helpful?

  • Updated Oct 30, 2008
  • Send to a Friend
  • Add to your Trip Planner
  • Report Abuse



“"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." ~ Ernest Hemingway”

Online Now


Top 1,000 Travel Writer
Member Rank:
0 0 0 5 2
Forum Rank:
0 0 4 5 3

Have you been to Utah?

  Share Your Travels