"Grand Canyon - 4 hours from Phoenix" Top 5 Page for this destination Go out of the city and into the state of Arizona Tip by jumpingnorman

Grand Canyon, Arizona
by jumpingnorman

Follow I-17N, go through Flagstaff onto 89N and then stop at Cameron Trading Post before going into the Grand Canyon National Park through 64W

The drive to Grand Canyon from Phoenix takes about 3 to 4 hours, and I usually just leave in the morning and return later in the day when bringing friends and relatives.

From Phoenix, I always find it better to drive into the Grand Canyon?s South Rim, coming from the East going West. So I follow I-17. Go up 89N and then stop at the Cameron Trading Post for lunch (admire the nice Native Indian artifacts and silver plate ceilings) and souvenirs, and then follow the road going East to West into the Grand Canyon National Park. Then going back to Phoenix, I just go down the west side by taking 64S towards Williams, 40E to Flagstaff and then I-17S back to Phoenix.

There is an entrance fee for the Grand Canyon Park for vehicles, starting at about $25 I think for cars, and the pass is valid for a few days. Or you can even buy a yearly pass if you are going to other national Parks around the USA.

Review Helpfulness: 5 out of 5 stars

• Written Oct 25, 2008

jumpingnorman Lives Here!

“Stay Hungry Stay Foolish TRAVEL MORE”

Have you been to Phoenix?